With the continual emergence of new diseases and the variability of existing organisms, veterinarians and producers are faced with the challenge of how best to address these issues.
Micro-organisms typically adapt to the environment in which they are found in, so there is regional variation of organisms therefore custom made autogenous vaccines may be a key to aiding in the solution of these issues.
An autogenous vaccine is made from microorganisms which have been isolated directly from your farm. This means that our vaccines target the actual bacteria which are causing disease in your animals.
ACE Laboratory Services is licensed to make autogenous vaccines for:
- Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (APP)
- Haemophilus parasuis (H.para / Glassers)
- Pasteurella multocida
- Streptococcus suis
- Salmonella spp
- Morexella spp (Pink eye)
- Campylobacter hepaticus (Spotty Liver)
- Contract manufacturing available.
We use specialised adjuvants in our custom made autogenous vaccines which:
- Have the potential to elicit higher levels of humoral antibody, more rapid onset of immunity, and enhanced protection with a single vaccine dose as compared with conventional aluminium based adjuvants.
- Are less likely to result in adverse injection site reactions occasionally seen with products containing conventional oil adjuvants.
Did you know?
- Antibiotic resistance in many microorganisms is on the increase therefore rendering several antibiotics ineffective.
- The microorganisms that you vaccinate against such as APP, H.parasuis, Strep suis, Pasteurella spp and E.coli have multiple strains.
- Our custom made autogenous vaccines can be made with multiple strains, meaning that you’re not solely relying on cross protection immunity.